Going on vacation in cold places doesn’t necessarily mean leaving your cat back home. You still can safely take your cat on winter vacations and enjoy its company and the time-off too. Follow these tips to safely take your cat on winter vacation and guarantee your cat is having a safe and pleasant vacation too.
1. Fortify you cat’s diet with essential fatty acids that will grow its fur thicker for cold times. These fatty acids are present in soybean oil, butter and fish oils and can be added to cat’s food.
2. Increase your cat’s protein intake to keep its fur healthy and thick. Extra food and protein shouldn’t be a problem as long as your cat doesn’t suffer from a weight problem.
3. Adding Vitamins E and B-complex carefully to your cat’s diet strengthens tissues and make your cat more resistant to cold. But remember, add them in balance.
4. Make sure to accompany a sleeping basket on your trip for your cat to sleep in. or make sure it has a warm place to sleep that is off-the floor like a mat.
5. Keep your cat moving and active. Activity prevents its joints from being damaged by cold weather.