Lots of questions come up when you start planning to go in trip. One of them is How to save money while on trip ?
Actually many don’t think it thoroughly believing that there is no way to save money while on trip. Saving money doesn’t necessarily contradict with enjoying the trip and having tons of fun, it actually can be your way to save money for your next trip. Here are some top tips for saving money while on trip.
• Look for free activities. Some cultural centers and state-owned organization organize free tours and activities to promote tourism. One of them may be of interest to you.
• Book a room with a refrigerator and microwave or kitchen area. This can save you tons of money cooking your own food. Moreover if you have company try renting a small apartment instead.
• Be aware of location. Before booking your stay make sure that you are near public transportation as this can save you tons.
• Carry water and snacks during outings so you don’t have to buy them in high prices.
• Don’t get the best room. You mostly won’t spend much time in it as you will be busy going out and exploring. A clean room with a decent bed will do.
• Be flexible when booking your flight and accept the good deals of flying on midweek days like Tuesdays and Wednesdays.
• Stay outside the city. The high price of a room is usually for the location and it is some time cheaper to stay away from tourist attractions.
• Travel during uncrowded times and go off season to save money and fully enjoy the travel experience.
• Don’t eat in restaurants and areas near that are close to tourist destinations as prices tend to be way higher for no good reason.
• If you are a fan of camping then this your moment. Camping in national parks or other convenient areas can save you a lot of money while enriching your experience.
• Eat street food. It will serve you a taste of culture and new cuisines while saving you money spent on fancy restaurants that are similar to the ones you have back home.
• Pack medicines even if you think you wouldn’t need them.
• Use Wifi when available to text and make calls.
• Obviously, create a budget and stick to it! Don’t let unplanned items that pop up tempt you to spend extra money.