your hot summer vacation are the best, they are what vacations are made for. Enjoying the sun light and heat regenerate life through your veins and can be quite an experience especially if you are from a country that doesn’t see the sun often. But the heat and sun, while energizing, can still pose threat to your well being especially in extreme hot weather countries and you don’t want that to threaten your vacation.
That’s why we are presenting you here a list to make sure that you stay healthy through your hot summer vacation.The natural body temperature should be within 35.5 to 37.5°C as this protects vital organs and allows the body to function normally.’
• Plan Your Activities Wisely considering weather conditions and sun hours in your destination country. Tiring activities should be left for night hours while you can perform all your indoor activities during day time.
• Start your day early. Make your rise prior to sun’s, and utilize the early morning hours.
• It seems obvious, but make sure to apply sun protection and wear hat and sun glasses.
• Your clothes should be light-colored and in loose fit and made of natural material like cotton.
• Hydrate more often. Have access to water and cool drinks all day long. Avoid excess alcohol, caffeine (tea, coffee and cola) or drinks high in sugar.
• Don’t eat large, protein-rich meals that can increase metabolic heat and warm the body. Depend rather on healthy non fried food with small amounts all day long.
• Put a damp towel around neck and shoulders to cool yourself. You can also place your feet in cool water but not extremely cold as the latter can cause your blood vessels to constrict and slows down the body’s ability to radiate heat.
• Replace your usual body moisturizer with Aloe Vera gel or after sun product which has a cooling effect and can help lower your skin temperature.
• Wet your hair before going outdoors. This will keep your scalp cool in those first hot hours.
• Keep your feet breathing as feet can swell in the heat, so make sure you wear shoes and socks that don’t trap sweat.